Janus Henderson Investors Senior Legal Fund Support Manager in Denver, Colorado
Janus Henderson Global Investors is a leading independent global asset manager, dedicated to delivering the best outcomes for clients through a broad range of actively managed funds.
We provide our institutional, retail and high net-worth individuals with access to skilled investment professionals representing a broad range of asset classes including, equities, fixed income, multi asset and alternatives.
We are a team of independent thinkers who work tirelessly to help our clients achieve their goals – and we do it by fostering an energetic and collaborative culture that ensures our people love the place they work.
Headquartered in London, Janus Henderson is a truly global asset manager with a diverse geographic footprint, managing assets from 27 offices globally and employing more than 2,000 staff.
Overview of the Role
Primary responsibilities include regulated investment company annual contract review (15(c) process); regulated investment company contract management, including investment advisory agreements, investment sub-advisory agreements, and expense limitation agreements; regulated investment company policies and procedures management; annual director and officer questionnaire process; and drafting board materials.. A significant portion of time may be spent on project work which is typically confidential and sensitive in nature. Requires someone with a proactive, team-based approach and strong attention to detail.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Manages annual contract review process and prepares initial 15(c) response.
• Manages regulated investment company contracts, including drafting updates, revisions and terminations as required.
• Manages regulated investment company policies and procedures, including drafting updates, revisions and terminations as required.
• Supports attorneys in the preparation and review of materials provided to boards of trustees. Includes drafting memos and other written materials, reviewing materials submitted, as well as coordinating and managing the collection of information from areas within Janus Henderson in connection with matters that are reported to the board. Manages annual trustee and officer questionnaire process.
• Manages information provided to outside vendors as needed.
• Assist attorneys in coordinating and responding to document production requests for internal audit, regulatory, or other Fund-related research.
• Interact with senior management with a high level of professionalism and customer service.
• Perform routine legal support activities, including word-processing, preparing basic contracts, presentations, correspondence and other legal documents, and communicating with internal and external clients.
• Assume additional duties as requested or assigned.
Technical Skills and Qualifications
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Advanced analytical and research skills
• Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
• Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to follow complex instructions and processes
• Ability to work with little supervision
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Excellent negotiation and problem solving skills
• Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Word, and Excel.
• Five years’ experience as a paralegal required
• Experience in mutual fund/financial services industry required
• Experience working with a mutual fund or corporate board preferred
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required
• Paralegal certification required
• Some formal training in negotiation techniques preferred
Ongoing competence in the role to be assessed by:
• Annual Performance Appraisal
• Completion of all assigned Compliance training
Working Environment/Physical Activities
• Overtime may be required on short notice and may include weekend/evening/holiday hours
• General office equipment such as PC, telephone, fax machine, copier, etc.
• PC usage up to 100% of the time
• Standing, bending, twisting, handling files; compiling record boxes for regulatory file retention purposes
Janus Henderson Investors (including its subsidiaries) will not maintain existing or sponsor new industry registrations or licenses where not supported by an employee’s job functions (as determined by Janus Henderson Investors at its sole discretion).
All applicants must be willing to comply with the provisions of Janus Henderson Investors' Investment Advisory Code of Ethics related to personal securities activities and other disclosure and certification requirements, including past political contributions and political activities. Applicants’ past political contributions or activity may impact applicants’ eligibility for this position. Janus Henderson Investors is an equal opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. All applications are subject to background checks.